Omaha Urban Council of Catholic Women Meeting: Feb. 7, 9 a.m. registration, 9:30 a.m. meeting at Christ the King Parish Center, 654 S. 86th St., Omaha. Call Pat Meyer at 402-558-6073. If there is no school because of snow, there will be no meeting.
Couple to Couple League’s Natural Family Planning: Feb. 18, March 18 and April 15, 7-9:30 p.m. at the Daskiewicz residence, 5060 S. 49th St., Omaha. Teachers are Jim and Linda Daskiewicz. Go to ccli.org for more information and to register.
Christians Encounter Christ (CEC) Weekend: Men, March 3-5; women, March 17-19; both 6:30 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday at Archdiocesan Retreat and Conference Center, St. Joseph Hall, 3330 N. 60th St., Omaha. Cost $80. Includes food and lodging. Pre-registration is required. Call or email Kent Riesberg at 402-339-6826 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Cora Thelen at 402-960-1020 or email@example.com.
Leading With Faith Awards Luncheon: March 9, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Scott Conference Center, 6450 Pine St., in Omaha. Archbishop George J. Lucas will present Leading With Faith Awards to business people selected from a field of nominees. Speaker is Dominick Albano, a team leader for Dynamic Catholic. For tickets ($25 each), contact Tom Marasco, 402-951-3060 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caregivers’ Solution Group: Second Tuesday of each month, 10-11:30 a.m. at St. Vincent de Paul Church, St. Vincent Room, 14330 Eagle Run Drive, Omaha. Call Nancy Flaherty at 402-312-9324 or Kay Buhrman at 402-496-7988, x239.
Pater Noster Secular Franciscan Order Fraternity: Secular men and women, married and single, fraternity meeting third Sunday of the month, 1 p.m.; formation classes first Saturday of the month, 9:15 a.m.; both at St. Stephen the Martyr Church, 16701 S St., Omaha. Call Richard at 402-350-6020, Luis at 402-594-0710 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Clare Secular Franciscan Fraternity: Third Sunday of the month, 1 p.m. at Franciscan Monastery of St. Clare, 22625 Edgewater Road, Omaha. Call Ann or Larry at 402-493-6730.
Pro Sanctity Adoration: Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Pro Sanctity Center, 11002 N. 204th St., near Elkhorn.
Pro-life Prayer Vigil: Saturdays, 9-10 a.m. and Monday-Friday, 8-11 a.m. at Bert Murphy Boulevard and Mission Avenue, Bellevue. Call Steve Zach at 402-558-2218.
Parish Mental Health Support Group: Meets first and third Thursday of each month, 7 p.m. at St. Patrick Church, 508 W. Angus St., Gretna. All are welcome. Call Rose at 402-896-4693 or Elaine at 402-332-4121.
Be Not Afraid Family Hour: 6-7 p.m. at Christ the King Church, 654 S. 86th St., Omaha. Sacrament of reconciliation available weekly.
• Feb. 5: Overcoming the Culture of Distraction
• Feb. 12: Living Fully Alive
• Feb. 19: Fitness and Faith
• Feb. 26: Your Purpose is Love
LaSalle Club events: Single Catholic archdiocesan young adult group. Contact facebook.com/lasalleo, website at lasalleomaha.webs.com or email email@example.com.
• Feb. 5: 5 p.m. Superbowl chili bowl night at 5118 S. 57th St., Omaha. Bring a snack or a movie. Drinks are provided. Cost $2 members, $3 alumni and non-members.
• Feb. 11: 7 p.m. house party at 5118 S. 57th St., Omaha. Bring a movie or a snack. Drinks are provided. Cost $2 members, $3 non-members and alumni.
• Feb. 18: 5:30 p.m. dinner at Godfathers Pizza, 2117 S. 67th St. Then a movie at Aksarben Cinema, 2110 S. 67th St. Both in Omaha.
• Feb. 25: 2 p.m. at Joslyn Art Museum east atrium entrance, 2200 Dodge St. Then dinner at Jazz Louisiana Kitchen, 1421 Farnam St. Both in Omaha. Art Museum general admission is free.
• March 4: 6 p.m. at Romeo’s Mexican Food and Pizza, 9555 L St. Then meet at Big John’s Billiards, 9819 M St. Both in Omaha.
St. Thomas More Parish’s Pancake Breakfast: Feb. 5, 8:30 a.m. to noon in the social hall, 48th and Grover streets, Omaha. Cost $5 per person, $20 family maximum. Sponsored by Knights of Columbus #10184.
St. Bernard Parish’s Valentine Dance: Feb. 10, 6-midnight at 3604 N. 65th St., Omaha. Dinner, drinks, dancing and prizes. Cost $25 per person. For 21 and older. Call Natalie Griffith at 402-659-5718.
St. Mary Parish’s Pro-life Speaker-Melissa Ohden: Feb. 23, 7 p.m. at Guardian Angels Central Catholic Activities Center, 417 E. Walnut St., West Point. No charge. Refreshments. Sponsored by the church and area Knights of Columbus. Call Wendy Ridder at 402-380-1562.
St. John Vianney Parish’s Theology Day: March 5, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the church, 5801 Oak Hills Drive, Omaha. Vincent Smiles, Ph.D. will speak on the vision of Pope Francis. Lunch is included. Register at csbsju.edu/sot/theologyday or call 320-363-3560. Donations accepted.
St. Vincent de Paul Parish’s Hour of Adoration: Third Sunday of each month, 3 p.m. at the church, 14330 Eagle Run Drive, Omaha. Call Kathy at 402-496-7988 or Mary at 402-496-0075.
St. Robert Bellarmine Parish’s Daily Rosary and Mass for the Homebound: Monday through Saturday, 8:05 a.m. rosary, 8:30 a.m. Mass, Sunday 11 a.m. Mass. All available on demand online at stroberts.com.
Eucharistic Adoration: Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at St. Peter Church, 2706 Leavenworth St., Omaha. Use west wheelchair door.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament: Perpetual adoration/exposition at St. Joan of Arc Church, 74th and Grover streets, Omaha. Open 24 hours.
Parish Missions featuring Steve Angrisano: All at 7 p.m. in Omaha. Presentations include music, stories, prayer and fellowship. Free will offerings accepted.
• Feb. 19-21: at St. John Vianney, 5801 Oak Hills Drive
• March 12-14: at St. Pius X, 6905 Blondo St.
• March 19-21: at St. Vincent de Paul, 14330 Eagle Run Drive
• March 26-28: Holy Cross, 4810 Woolworth Ave.
St. Rose of Lima, Crofton Unity Supper and Grand Auction - Grab Your Poodle Skirts, Shake Rattle and Roll at "The Hop": Feb. 11, 3:30 p.m. doors open for silent auction. Mass 5 p.m., social hour 6 p.m., dinner 6:30 p.m. grand auction 7 p.m., all at St. Rose of Lima Parish Center, Crofton. Cost of dinner $30 in advance or $35 at the door. Prizes for best dressed. Tickets call parish office at 402-388-4814 or St. Rose School at 402-388-4393.
St. Wenceslaus Parish’s Fun Fest and Dinner: Feb. 26, 10:30 a.m. at Dodge Auditorium, 238 Park St., Dodge. Cost $10 adults, $5 children 10 and under. Activities include games, bingo, snack bar, and raffles. 1:30 p.m. auction. Visit stwenc.org.
College of Saint Mary "George and the Dragon": Feb. 7, 7 p.m. at Our Lady of Mercy Chapel, 7000 Mercy Road, Omaha. Featuring Mike Horner of the Mesner Puppet Theater. A free workshop from 6:30 to 7 p.m. on puppeteering.
St. Cecilia Cathedral School’s Kindergarten Round Up: Feb. 11 at the school, 3869 Webster St., Omaha. Call 402-556-6655 to register for 8:30 or 10:30 a.m. session. Visit the web at stcecilia.net.
St. Bernard School’s Pre-K and Kindergarten Round Up: Feb. 17, 8:30-11 a.m. at 3604 N. 65th St., Omaha. Bring the children for activities and meet the teachers. Child care available. Visit the web at stbernardomaha.org.
St. Bernard Open House for Grades 1-8: Feb. 19, 1:30-3 p.m. at 3604 N. 65th St., Omaha.
Mercy Gras FIESTA 2017: Feb. 25, 5 p.m. Mass, includes silent and live auctions, gourmet dinner and a raffle at La Vista Conference Center, 12520 Westport Parkway, La Vista. Cost $125 per person; alumnae and a guest is $75 per person. Register at mercyhigh.org/fiesta-2017. Proceeds to negotiated tuition program.
Holy Name School’s Kindergarten Round Up: March 7, 5:30 p.m. at the school, 2901 Fontenelle Blvd. RSVP to 402-451-5403.
Servite Center of Compassion, 7400 Military Ave., Omaha. To register, call 402-951-3026, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit osms.org.
• Salaam Neighbor-Film on Plight of Syrian Refugees: Feb. 8, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Suggested donation $10. Speaker is Lacey Studnicka.
• Personal Counseling: Counseling in a safe and supportive environment. Couple and family counseling. Fees are on a sliding scale and insurance can be billed. Call Lisa Sheridan, OSM, LIMHP at 402-951-3066.
• Individual Spiritual Direction: Spiritual direction helps others reflect on life experiences in the context of prayer and God’s loving presence. Fees on a sliding scale. Call Val Lewandoski, OSM at 402-951-3093.
St. Benedict Center, three miles north of Schuyler: Call 402-352-8819, email email@example.com or register online at stbenedictcenter.com. Rooms and meals are extra.
• "Peacemaking": Feb. 4, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Speaker is Sister Mary Ann Schmieding, SSSF. Theme is "And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace." Cost $40.50 includes program fee, meals and taxes.
• Valentine Day Dinner and Mass for Married Couples: Feb. 12, 5-8 p.m. Reservations and pre-payment requested.
• "Responding to the Word of God in Creation": Feb. 17, 7:30 p.m., to closing Mass at 4 p.m., Feb. 18. Led by Father Richard Hauser, SJ, S.T.L., Ph.D.
• "ORA ET LABORA – How to find Balance in Our Lives": Feb. 24, 7:30 p.m. to Feb. 26, after lunch. Led by Father Mauritius Wilde, OSB, Ph.D.