History of St. Anne Parish
April 18, 2019
- 1890, Dixon takes shape as a railroad town, with many Irish Catholics.
- 1893, village of Dixon is incorporated and Bishop Richard Scannell purchases land, where a church is built.
- 1903, St. Anne Parish is established.
- 1908, another piece of land is deeded to the parish, a rectory and school are built.
- 1909, school opens and operates until 1927.
- 1912, the church is moved to the land purchased in 1908, its present location.
- 1991, a new parish hall is built with proceeds from sale of the rectory, fundraising and other donations.